Autumn 2017's issue of Modern Poetry in Translation will focus on poetry from Russia and Ukraine.
We are seeking new translations of poetry for this focus.
Please note: we are NOT accepting general submissions outside this focus. Please only submit work related to this specific focus. Submissions are open until 22 September 2017.
1. We only publish translations of poetry (and not original English-language poetry) and the translations must be previously unpublished. We welcome work from any age, but we have a preference for contemporary work.
2. You are welcome to send submissions of up to six poems. You must be able to obtain rights for the reproduction of these translations both in MPT and online on our site. We pay a fee to our contributors.
3. Before you send us your work, please browse the poems archive or browse issues, to find out which translated authors have recently featured in MPT and to see examples of work. The work you send in should not have been previously published elsewhere.
4. The responsibility for clearing rights and permissions for translated works, and the payment of any related fees, lies with the translator. Please note that copyright law varies from country to country and that it can take time to clear permissions.
5. Copyright for work appearing in MPT rests with the contributor and with MPT.
6. Bear in mind, when seeking permissions, that work of yours, if published in MPT, will be accessible on-line to our digital subscribers, made available as an e-book, and it may also be selected to appear on our website. Permissions should cover electronic and print versions of the magazine, and digital reproduction.